The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Critiques

dawn

Registered
Reaction score
SYWC are updating their results book which, from the next edition onwards, will include Ch show critiques [SIZE=19pt]IF[/SIZE] (thats a big IF) we can get hold of them.

We already have most for 2003 but are missing some

General /Group shows :-

Driffield (Sandra Marshall) - Darlington (Frank Kane) - SKC (august) (Dennis Hopkins) - Bournemouth (Eleanor Bothwell) - SCCA (Dennis Meakin) - WELKS (Ferelith Somerfield) - Scottish Hound (PMH).

Club shows :-

NIWC (Barbara Illingworth) - The Whippet Club (Bitches -Jackie Norman) - EAWC (Dogs - Lynn Chapman) - Midland Whippet (Dogs - Liz Cartledge)

and of course NEWS and WCW (which havent been published yet)

If anyone has any of the above and is willing to forward / loan them please contact us.

Hi Dawn

Both of these were in Dog World and not Our Dogs (Obviously or you'd have them from the website). I've only got the critiques of the classes Savvy was in.

I'm happy to email scans if you like. It just depends on if you'd rather have nothing or be incomplete.

And unfortunately I can't even tell you what issues they were in:(

Wendy

Actually I tell a partial untruth - for B'mouth I have the critiques for the following bitch classes: Novice, PG, Limit and Open.

Wendy

I will see if I can find any Dawn, is there a deadline?

Karen said:
I will see if I can find any Dawn, is there a deadline?
Not as such Karen BUT we (R & D ) were hoping to get it out for Manchester :D

Reallistically we (SYWC) are aiming for our show.

Which is Leap Year Day - 29th February - at Grenoside with Sally Gibbins and Dr Ron James judging. (end of advert).

So we do need them by End of January to be sure of printing in time.

As the new book will be substantially larger than the previous version we do not want to be carting loads off to the NEC so it will be out before Crufts (ie our show which is on Leap Year Day at Grenoside)

Last edited by a moderator:
I`ve got Darlington Frank Kane .shall I post it too you??or do you really want me to email it !!

Not mentioning any names but there is at least one person on your list that I do`nt think has had a critiquc printed wether they have sent one in or not I don`t know! ,But I read the Dog World very thoroghly and cant remember seeing theirs!( of course I may be wrong :0 :b )

Jackie

We get OD and subscribe to the online service too so get most critiques from there but none of the above are online.

I have read PMH's and Barbara's in DW and been assured, by Phil @ Barbara, that OD had a copy - OD deny this by saying that 'We print all the critiques that we receive and these are automatically placed online'.

Would be very grateful for the copy in any format - RU at Ashfield?

Hi Dawn, don't think Jax will be at Ashfield as she hasn't entered. Not a bad entry, there are 14 dogs making 15 entries. Whippets are second in the ring after Afghans of which there are only 2 entered, if they turn up, so I would make sure you arrive for 9.30.

Happy new year to you and I have an envelope waiting for you, which I didn't post as we have had a lot of trouble with the good old snail mail locally.

Jan

Thanks for the info Jan

We will be there by 09:30 (hopefully)

Wishing you and Pedro a Happy and Succesful New Year with the Whippets and IG's

Wishing all whippet owners on k9 a GGGGGRRRRREEEEEEEEAAAAAAATTTTT New Year

beGlad

Dawn & Richard

and the Aphrael bitches (and 50p)

Jax, Tell us who hasnt put in a crit from this board I thought all were up to date.

Ive only just read Liz Cartledges in DW so I must still have that! I know PMH did one It was late but that was in DW also.

Dawn Im sure Dennis would post you his if you rang him

Dawn , Darlington will be in the post tomorrow . [SIZE=21pt]HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!AND A GOOD YEAR IN THE RING , MAY WE GET ALL HONEST JUDGES !!!!!! :b [/SIZE]

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL TOO, MAY WE ALL BE HONEST JUDGES!!!!!

We have asked Dennis Meakin and he doesnt have a copy. He did send the results though. He has also been very good at lending us photos for the results book - which reminds me I must send the current ones back to folk.

Have written to Phil, Barbara, Jackie Norman for copies but nothing yet.

So ANY help would be gratefully accepted

Photos we require include

Arjuna Joie De Vivre

Aus Ch Peperone White Heather

Fullerton Heavenly Mover

Fullerton Heavenly Twin

Lowglen 'Owd Nick

Lowglen Silver Fern

Maidenbower Kittiwake

Nevedith Eefa empra

Pipijay Drops of Jupiter

Walkabout Wild Lament

beGlad

:D Have this one of Empra if its any good to you :D

Have you been in touch with the owners concerned or is that too obvious!

Jax

Arjuna Joie De Vivre

Aus Ch Peperone White Heather

Fullerton Heavenly Mover

Fullerton Heavenly Twin

Lowglen 'Owd Nick

Lowglen Silver Fern

Maidenbower Kittiwake

Nevedith Eefa empra

Pipijay Drops of Jupiter

Walkabout Wild Lament

We have tried contacting the owners / handlers (except Jeremy) with no joy yet.

Obviously any photos we obtain other than from the owner would have to be OK'd as suitable by the owner.

We have had some success in critiques and photos but still are missing some :(

Critiques

Driffield Sandra Marshall

SKC Dennis Hopkins

B'mouth Eleanor Bothwell

WELKS Ferelith Somerfield

NEWS Jackie Bourdin

EAWC Lynn Chapman

Dennis Meakin did manage to find one and has sent it to us - he has been very helpful with all aspects of this project.

Have spoken with Dennis Hopkins and he accidentally used his critique in the run of some pups :D

Lynn Chapman has hers somewhere in a box but, as she has recently moved, thinks she will be unable to get to it for us in time.

I have heard that jackie Bourdin is unlikely to do a critique

Photos

Arjuna Joie De Vivre

Maidenbower Kittiwake

If anyone can help please get back to us.

Sandra Marshalls in post with Steve OBrien :cheers:

Back