The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Colours Of Brindle

buffyrannoch

Closed Accounts
Reaction score
I still get a bit confused with how people describe different colurs of brindle, and wondered if people could post pictures and how they describe the type of brindle the dog is, when Toby was born I thought he was a blue brindle as his stripes were blue, but was told later he is a red brindle as his main colour is red :b

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Toby....

tobyjump-1.jpg

Toby is nearly the same colour of Sidney and he is a blue brindle

Image002-23.jpg

No Toby IS a Blue Brindle as his stripes are blue.

But to confuse you a Red brindle is a Black stripes on dark red fawn background but if heavy striping some say black brindle.

I would include some pics but don't know(yet) how to.

this is kiplin hes a silver blue brindle

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1372_00.jpg

Jinx and Ruby are fawn blue brindle

Resized_DSC01285.jpg

Jinx

Resized_DSC01415.jpg

Ruby and Jinx

Resized_DSC01301.jpg

Enzo and Charlie(2 of Jinx's sons)

Hope you can see ok :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
buffyrannoch said:
T Hoare said:
Still in my opinion ALL are blue brindle.

So does that mean the type of brindle is described by the colour of the stripes usually ? - well apart from red brindle :wacko:

This is where it starts to get difficult because the colour Lemon brindle has black stripes and an almost cream background. (w00t)

IMO ....Blue brindle's have blue stripes regardless of their back ground colour (as nearly all/all are dilute )

Silver brindle's have black stripes and cream or silver back ground

red brindle's have black stripes with red-chestnut back grounds

gold/fawn brindle's have black stripes and gold/fawn back grounds ....

Now Black brindle's IMO aren't heavily striped brindle's, a correct black brindle is a black with stripes of a different colour ....IE I had a black brindle Greyhound who had a few red stripes ..... This is just my opinion though :- " .....as everyone has their own views on colours/types etc ...

Blue's breeder described him as a silver brindle but do you think he's a blue brindle too???

Bluesmilingweb.jpg

Bluebum.jpg

Jill

On my Oscars pedigree he is stated also as a blue brindle parti...

but its amazing how different all three of my dogs are...especially Archie...who is darkest of all three... :thumbsup:

HayfieldsAugust024crop.jpg

I've had Digit described to me as a blue bindle, a blue fawn brindle and a silver brindle

indabootpanting.jpg

Bloggs is defo blue brindle

boyznbonez.png

Think it's hard when you're posting pics though as their colours never really come out true to life

This is interesting :) .... here's a picture of Ella from about 6 weeks ago. She's grown a bit now and so the stripes are very slightly further apart than they were, but her black mask is very much still there.

So is she a black brindle (as on her KC cert) or a lemon brindle (mentioned earlier in this thread)? :- "

IMG_3065.jpg

I think Niamh is a blue brindle (her stripes are definitely blue):

niamhjul2007.jpg

I think Daisy is a red brindle as she is a chestnut colour with black stripes:

garden01.jpg

This one shows their colours side by side as Daisy (pictured when tiny) is leaning against Niamh:

daisy0809200704.jpg

This is interesting original.gif .... here's a picture of Ella from about 6 weeks ago. She's grown a bit now and so the stripes are very slightly further apart than they were, but her black mask is very much still there.
So is she a black brindle (as on her KC cert) or a lemon brindle (mentioned earlier in this thread)? whistling.gif

I would say she was a black masked silver brindle :)

Back