The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Collie/general dog illness-worried!

JenShea

Registered
Reaction score
heey!

My collie, peaches, is unwell and vet is not exactly sure what is wrong with her!!

She had started being sick, so stopped food for 24h then started her off on rice and chicken, started being sick again, added some vegetable oil to rice because I thought she might be constipated as her waste isn't coming out correctly, still being sick and doesn't look like food has been digested at all!!!

So off to the vets we pop, he's given her 2xinjections and tablets as he thinks her upper stomach is obstructed, then I have to starve her for 24hours again then rice and chicken again and if this doesn't work and still ill she will have to go for an xray etc :(

I was just wondering if anyone else dog has had this problem & what was the cause??

she is still as cheerful and playful as ever, vet was surprise at well in general she is apart from her current situation

A Worried Jen x

It really does sound like an obstruction. Sorry I've come to this so late. I would ask for an x-ray if it hasn't been done and there is any possiblity of an obstruction. My old girl (now passed) had one and barely made it, but hers was total. A lot do fine as it's only partial so some things get through. I have to admit it's made me paranoid, so if anyone's off colour for more than 24 hours, or in a way that seems different than the usual stuff I have them straight in.

How is she doing now?

Back