The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Collars?

Mayzie Moodles

Registered
Reaction score
This may sound a very dense question but when asked i couldnt give an answer and said id find out. A friend of mine has aquired a Greyhound pup who was bred for racing but has been neglected. What sort of collar do you put on a puppy (she is small only around 4 months at a guess) I have never had a Grey from a pup so have no idea. All advice greatfully appreciated. :wub:

you can used a whippet coller for a pup but they wont be in them long my young whippet lads been in a grehound coller since he was 6 months have a look on the market place you should pic up an ajustabell coller quiet cheep but if like me she only wants leather collers outside then whippet is best. but get her to measuer round the neck right behined the ear to check the best size

I'd put the pup in a soft light house / tag collar and then a wider leather or webbing collar for walking - basically the same as for an adult dog. Sold quite a few collars to grey and whippet pups of both these styles....

You'd just need to be sure that it was adjustable to allow for fairly rapid growth!! :teehee:

When Fleet was about 4 months old I had him in a saftey collar, but I now people news fish tail collars. It all depened what there and the dog are happy with.

I got Fleet a fish tail collar the other year and saddle he has only worm it a few time as it is too small and it is the biggest one there do. So Fleet has a saftey collar which he is happy with.

Michelle and Fleet

My greyhound has two leather collars, one for going walking and posh one for going to shows. I got them from West of England Greyhound Rescue.

Back