The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Charlie Is Such A Thief!

melanie

Registered
Reaction score
i bought a lovely joint of beef yesterday, i cooked it slowly and it looked and smelt wonderful, i then left it to cool on what i thought was an out of whippets reach place, yes you can guess what happend, i heard a noise in the kitchen went to have a look and my lovely joint had jumped off the unit and got into bed with charile (w00t) thats what he said happend anyway o:)

i just couldnt shout at him :wub: it my own fault for leaving it where he could reach it i suppose, so tonight the dogs have got beef for tea, as i had already fed them lastnight.

dose anyone else's whippet steal? charlie is worse then my lab for it, he really is a naughty boy, he always seems to be in trouble :lol:

Tilly stole my tuna and mayo bagette at lunch time but left OH ham one :rant:

Well i did leave it on the table :wacko: :- "

Gelert has just celebrated the anniversary of his most famous theft on Shrove Tuesday 3 years ago. Following an evening of gobbling down a several pancakes which landed on the floor, he managed to force down a WHOLE BOX OF 6 TOFFEE BAKEWELLS :x (which a guest had generously brought just in case a meal of several cheese, chocolate and lemon pancakes apiece left anyone hungry :- " ) while we were sending our guest off. They had been put out of reach on top of the piano too. All neatly removed from the packaging/silver trays, not a bit of damage to these, and wolfed down within 5 minutes too.

Previous triumphs include: whole box of brie, and the lion's share of a tub of sunflower margarine :x Also, last year at my parents', a whole Warburton's hot cross bun loaf, delicately removed through an aperture in the bag of only an inch in diameter.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: :lol: im glad its not just mine, isnt it wonderful how they can remove the packaging, such little loves arnt they o:) :wub:

melanie said:
:lol:   :lol:   im glad its not just mine, isnt it wonderful how they can remove the packaging, such little loves arnt they o:)   :wub:
It is quite an achievement, so delicate the way they unwrap things.

You're right about labs, Gelert's friend Sita really isn't at all bothered about food. When we visit her owner for dinner (usually with greedyguts in tow), there are all sorts of nibbles left around at lab/whippet level as she doesn't have to worry about Sita taking them at all (whilst someone makes a grab for the first bowl of olives or pistachios to hand before you can stop him :b )

its funny really because you wouldnt think a whippet would steal, they always look like butter wouldnt melt, yet my lab who is as good as good always looks guilty.

i think my other dogs make charlie steal because hes the youngset :lol: they dont think twice about sharing his goods though :lol:

When Poppy was in season,she spent a while at my friend Linda's,who had prepared a very large shepherds pie as she was having visitors round that evening.

She had to nip out for half an hour,& left the sheherds pie well out of reach(or so she thought) on top of the microwave.

Yes,you've guessed it,Poppy stole the whole lot! (w00t)

Well I caught Molly on the kitchen table licking my spinach and ricotta pasty, and I'm sorry to say that I still ate it :lol: :x

Well it was my last one and I love them (w00t)

moriarte said:
Gelert has just celebrated the anniversary of his most famous theft on Shrove Tuesday 3 years ago. Following an evening of gobbling down a several pancakes which landed on the floor, he managed to force down a WHOLE BOX OF 6 TOFFEE BAKEWELLS :x   (which a guest had generously brought just in case a meal of several cheese, chocolate and lemon pancakes apiece left anyone hungry  :- " )  while we were sending our guest off. They had been put out of reach on top of the piano too. All neatly removed from the packaging/silver trays, not a bit of damage to these, and wolfed down within 5 minutes too.
Previous triumphs include: whole box of brie, and the lion's share of a tub of sunflower margarine  :x   Also, last year at my parents', a whole Warburton's hot cross bun loaf, delicately removed through an aperture in the bag of only an inch in diameter.

(w00t) OMG, Moriarte, pmsl, no really, a bit of wee actually came out :x .... I thought Eli was bad!

Last Easter he was discovered by OH's slightly stuck up and not at all doggy brother, STANDING IN THE MIDDLE of their beautifully laid tea table finishing off a whole home made Simnel cake. Strangely enough we've not been invited back this year :b I hate marzipan, anyway.

His most recent triumph however was 6lb of v.expensive Duchy of Cornwall Organic sausages which had been destined for a very posh Bangers'n'Mash evening fundraiser we were hosting, which he then (not surprisingly) threw back up into a foaming pool of previously stolen Rachel's organic Butter :x Only the best for our Eli.

ponygirl said:
His most recent triumph however was 6lb of v.expensive Duchy of Cornwall Organic sausages which had been destined for a very posh Bangers'n'Mash evening fundraiser we were hosting, which he then (not surprisingly) threw back up into a foaming pool of previously stolen Rachel's organic Butter :x   Only the best for our Eli.
OMG, I think that wins the prize for this thread. :thumbsup: :x

(I didn't count the whole baby muntjac carcasse or week old dead goose in this category as hopefully they didn't belong to anyone so weren't technically thefts :- " :x :x :x )

Yes 2 thieves here too :lol: o:) and my last dog Chip he stole a whole ham with tin foil and string the lot - hardly a morsel left. :lol:

Kobi loves to steal cat food and can manage to pull the dish towards him on the worktop. (w00t) Oscar loves paper hankies best. :- "

Whizz has managed to steal the Bacon out of a sandwich my O H was just putting in his mouth.

He was watching rugby league. He held the sandwich up to his mouth and was distracted for a second as Leeds scored, in a flash Whizz ran past and whipped the Bacon out

Lots of shouting from O H and the rest of us trying not to laugh

8) Over the past year Zeb has had chicken and bacon pasta bake,pizza,bakewell tarts o:) (4 gluten free ones) 1 box of after eights :oops: :nuke: (made him hyper but not sick o:) )1/2 a loaf of gluten free bread, chocolate biscuits,his helped himself to a shopping bag with bacon in it and hide the bacon in his bed for 2 days until we found it in their :blink: .cabbage,polos,halls soothers,and he has also had a slice of cheese on toast :- "

Frankie is a right thief and will even try to get up on the side and steal things when im stood watching - he has no shame. :lol: Chloe is much better and rarely pinches anything - she once had 16 sausages that were cooling on the side, ready for my husbands cricket club sandwiches though.

My sisters whip x has had a whole homemade ginger cake that was absolutely huge. She said she was so embarrassed when she took him for a walk the next day, he was doing the loudest farts imaginable whilst pooing :lol: :x ...and chose to do it when other people were around to hear! He steals nearly everyday, infact, there's probably little point him being fed dog food (w00t) (w00t)

these stories are great :lol: :lol: makes me feel much better

Janimal said:
Kobi loves to steal cat food and can manage to pull the dish towards him on the worktop. (w00t)
Yes, that is Django's party piece!! :b

How I have laughed at these stories, it gladdens the heart to know you are not alone with having thieving whatnots!!! Little darlings, all of them!!! o:)

No food stories here, but Alfie's funniest theft was probably a pair of my sisters knickers which I found in the back garden under a pile of dirt! :lol:

LasVegasNo1 said:
No food stories here, but Alfie's funniest theft was probably a pair of my sisters knickers which I found in the back garden under a pile of dirt! :lol:
:lol: Yes, William's quite partial to a nice pair of knickers.....usually when we have visitors; he'll gambol gaily by flinging them about, and usually manages to pick a pair of my least glamorous for the occasion.

Fantastic stories, made me smile, Jack my late whippet would steal everything including my daughters birthday cake!

ponygirl said:
LasVegasNo1 said:
:lol: Yes, William's quite partial to a nice pair of knickers.....usually when we have visitors; he'll gambol gaily by flinging them about, and usually manages to pick a pair of my least glamorous for the occasion.

Zeb like knickers as well. Not the mens but us girls i'v found my knickers and my 7 year old knickers out side on the grass all the time in the summer. He leaves clean one, but used ones he will take from you as soon as you take them off :x

Back