The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Castration cost?

Neil.W

Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks, well Logan is 5 months old now and he is starting to cock his leg when he wees so during a routine flea and worm appointment at his vets I asked about castration when the time comes. I was shocked to hear the cost of such a simple procedure £105. Logan is registered at Vets4pets so I wondered if anyone has had any other prices from their vets for this procedure? Its going to happen anyway but would not be impressed having to pay over the odds. Any thoughts or advice is very welcome.

We paid a bit more than that for a spey a couple of years ago so that sounds reasonable to me (speying is more expensive than castration).

prices vary... ive got a female dog not a dog so I'm not much help?!

You could shop around, it's not like us being registered with a doctor where you are obliged to go to one place. Can I just add though not to rush into castration too early - in hindsight I wish I had waited a little longer with mine. Allowing them to wait until a bit later helps build their testosterone which is the brave hormone. My lad can get a bit stressy in some situations so I wish, with hindsight, I had left it a few months.

Back