The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Can I Rent Dog Crates for a camping Holiday?

LurcherLizzie

Registered
Reaction score
Hello :)

I am hoping to go camping the first or second week in September and want to take the dogs with me. Asha has a heart murmur now and has dropped quite a bit of weight so don't want to put her in kennels as worried it will stress her out too much. I could get a dog sitter but really want to take them with me as they have loved camping weekends and I want to enjoy my last few Summers with them as both are getting on a bit.

Camping weekends have gone well before but I have always had somebody with me to keep an eye on them while I go for a shower or whatever but I am planning on a solo trip with them so want to make sure they are secure when I can't keep an eye on them. They will not wander far but will find the nearest bbq, food storage area or plonk themselves in a nearby tent which does not always go down to well as you can imagine!

I have used the corkscrew things you put in the ground which is fine if I am there but as soon as I am out of sight Stanley will do his best to pull it out the ground and does quite often succeed.

My idea is to have 2 crates set up in a gazebo that I can secure them in so its nice and shadey and I can nip off knowing they are safe and so are peoples sausages! I have looked online and foud 121cm x 76cm x 82cm sized ones for £50 but being on a pretty tight budget I was wondering if anyone knew anywhere in the Warrington area (can travel to Manchester/Liverpool/Chester) that rent them out?

have you tried your local rspca when i went to my friends i hired one from them its worth a try :thumbsup:

:wub: :wub: what lovely dogs :wub: :wub: :wub: I have cages but I am a bit far away other wise you could have had free but i am in scotland

affieluver said:
have you tried your local rspca when i went to my friends i hired one from them its worth a try :thumbsup:
I will have a ring round that sounds like a great idea! Thanks :)

imjolly said:
:wub:   :wub: what lovely dogs  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   I have cages but I am a bit far away other wise you could have had free but i am in scotland
Thank you, that would have been very kind. :)

Hi,

you can borrow our crate if you wish, it's 76 x 54 x 64 cm with metal bottom, just been up into the loft to check, we're in Liverpool :thumbsup: Julie

Ask the campsite, they may have one to spare.

Check out Ebay - I wanted one for our puppy but just for the first few months until she was trustworthy so didn't want to spend much. I got a 3' x 2' in decent condition for £10 within a 15 mile drive. Certainly worth a look :thumbsup:

Back