The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Bwra Report

dirty den

Registered
Reaction score
I HAVE BEEN ASKED TO PUT THE FOLLOWING ON THE BWRA AGM WILL BE HELD AT HIGHGATE STADIUM ON THE 21ST OCT. 12 NOON THE BWRA WOULD LIKE TO INFORM MEMBERS FROM TODAY 8TH SEPT THE TREASURE MRS MUSSETT HAS RESIGNED ANYONE WISHING TO APPLY FOR THE POST TO CONTACT THE SEC. MRS ARMSTRONG OR THE CHAIRMAN MR COOPER

THE CONTACT NUMBERS ARE MRS ARMSTRONG 01388 776307 MR COOPER 02392 389990

It wont be the same not seeing murial chasing people with the raffle books :D

Good luck Murial & Roy

Firstly I just want to thank Muriel for her hard work and wish her well for the future. :luck:

Can I ask, why is the AGM being held at Highgate stadium on a day when there is no racing event? I note the South Coast Scratch Champs has been cancelled (presumably for the same reasons as the NNWRF moved their event from Portsmouth to Highgate?) Would it not of been feasible to hold a BWRA event at Highgate the same day as the AGM?

Also, whoever nominates themself for treasurer, will these candidates be then put to a vote or will they immediately adopt this status?

wild whippies said:
Firstly I just want to thank Muriel for her hard work and wish her well for the future. :luck:
Can I ask, why is the AGM being held at Highgate stadium on a day when there is no racing event? I note the South Coast Scratch Champs has been cancelled (presumably for the same reasons as the NNWRF moved their event from Portsmouth to Highgate?) Would it not of been feasible to hold a BWRA event at Highgate the same day as the AGM?

Also, whoever nominates themself for treasurer, will these candidates be then put to a vote or will they immediately adopt this status?

the AGM needs to be as is always held on a day when there is no racing,

anyone wanting to do the job as treasurer has to be nominated and seconded by two others and elected by the members as does any position on tbe bwra national committee I believe all position excepts Mark Jones are up for election this year

Thanks Linda, I presume it's because of the possibility of a meeting running over and interferring with any event held on the day? If that's the case it makes sense and at least this meeting isn't being held at the same time as a race event elsewhere so members shouldn't feel conflicted about their attendance.

Can you inform us how you go about nominating someone? Do you put this in writing or put your nomination forward at the AGM?

Thanks in advance

Jac

wild whippies said:
Thanks Linda, I presume it's because of the possibility of a meeting running over and interferring with any event held on the day? If that's the case it makes sense and at least this meeting isn't being held at the same time as a race event elsewhere so members shouldn't feel conflicted about their attendance.

Can you inform us how you go about nominating someone? Do you put this in writing or put your nomination forward at the AGM?

Thanks in advance

Jac

nominations should be put in writing inc names of proposer and seconder and sent to the bwra nat; sec Alison Armstrong there will be some info in the next W.N.

going to take some person to fill muriel shoes, first class treasurer will be a big miss. :luck:

good luck for the future muriel you will be hard to replace :thumbsup:

weathergirls said:
wild whippies said:

Thanks in advance

Jac

nominations should be put in writing inc names of proposer and seconder and sent to the bwra nat; sec Alison Armstrong there will be some info in the next W.N.

RULE BOOK OF THE BWRA

RULE 14/

ALL PROPOSALS AND NOMINATIONS FOR THE ELECTION OF OFFICERS OF THE ASSOCIATION MUST BE IN THE HANDS OF THE SECRETARY NOT LESS THAN 28 DAYS BEFORE THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

not really sure how members that no nothing of the meeting or election of officers can put in writing who they want to nominat not less than 28 day before the A.G.M when there not going to know about the A.G.M untill the next whippet news "OCT" and this will be after the 28 day cut of to nominat for election :wacko:

Surely this is a case for that commodity which is in very short supply within the whippet racing fraternity called COMMONSENSE --with regards to the time limit---and any other aspect with regards to the running of the B.W.R.A.

I do not pretend to know anything about the rules regarding election of officers but i had heard that there maybe or could be some more resigning before or at this agm so this would or could have to be taken into account --- nothing is set in stone----

First thing that should be on all our minds is to say thanks to Muriel who at times must have felt like finishing on the spot with the way some members have spoken to her and i have heard it first hand ----

There is no excuse for rudeness !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all your hard work over all the years Muriel!!!! I would like on behalf of our region say a big thank you and hope you and all your family enjoy the rest of your life whatever you may choose to do---and i hope you win the lottery if someone can sell you a ticket ----lol

with that said it is time for some new young members to have a go---- new ideas ---but fair play at the forefront is a must ----for all---

steve/

Karen-Coral said:
I do not pretend to know anything about the rules regarding election of officers but i had heard that there maybe or  could be some more resigning before or at this agm  so this would or could have to be taken into account --- nothing is set in stone----

First thing that should be on all our minds is to say thanks to Muriel who at times must have felt like finishing on the spot  with the way some members have spoken to her and i have heard it first hand ----

There is no excuse for rudeness  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all your hard work over all the years Muriel!!!! I would like on behalf of our region say a big thank you and hope you and all your family enjoy the rest of your life whatever you may choose to  do---and i hope you win the lottery if someone can sell you a ticket ----lol

with that said  it is time for some new young members to have a go---- new ideas ---but fair play at the forefront is a must ----for all---

steve/

i do agree with most of your post

There is no excuse for rudeness !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but as you are only to aware when running dogs and in the heat of the moment we can all be accused off rudeness to committee members :b

i have seen first hand the work Muriel put into the 40 years of the bwra booklet given out at this years championships and other work she put into making the champs a great event for us all well done Muriel and all the committee

the bit i don't agree with is

Surely this is a case for that commodity which is in very short supply within the whippet racing fraternity called COMMONSENSE --with regards to the time limit---and any other aspect with regards to the running of the B.W.R.A.

Why have a rule book maybe we should all rip them up :b " IF COMMONSENSE " can sort everything out and how can we let commonsense sort " TIME LIMIT---AND ANY OTHER ASPECT WITH REGARDS TO RUNNING OF THE BWRA " when you say it is in very short supply within the whippet racing fraternity

the bit i don't agree with is

Why have a rule book maybe we should all rip them up blush.gif " IF COMMONSENSE " can sort everything out and how can we let commonsense sort " TIME LIMIT---AND ANY OTHER ASPECT WITH REGARDS TO RUNNING OF THE BWRA " when you say it is in very short supply within the whippet racing fraternity

You with your reply have just proved my point it does only need common sense if applied most things can be sorted and yes maybe it is time to do away with the rule book and start a fresh

there is nothing that i can see that has improved since 1968 when i first joined the bwra thats a fact

my last phrase was i believe nothing is set in stone--- nor is it ----

wars/conflicts/of any kind are sorted in the end with common sense providing every body uses it---

steve

No your so right nothing is writen in stone

think that why we have proposal and voting slips

wars/conflicts/of any kind are sorted in the end with common sense providing every body uses it---

think most war's and conflicts start because they don't have proposal's and voting and lets face it if you think common sense sort's out war's/ conflicts is it the same common sense that starts them, or do they just find it with the body parts laying around

the problem as i see it is that the rule book should be just that not used as and when it suits

COMMON SENSE---!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Back