The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Big Race Day Coming Up.(st.paddy's Weekend)

billyboy45

Registered
Reaction score
Shane lee rang me this morning,to say that he was trying to put together,a full weekend of racing.Consisting of 2 x 32 dog stakes,ran over the 2 days.which would mean 3 races Saturday,and 2 on the Sunday.There will also be a consolation stake,for all the dogs knocked out in the 1st round,of both stakes.As Paddy's day fall's on a Tuesday,he would go for the weekend of 21st / 22nd.Will know more about this one,when shane gets back to me,with more details.One thing i can say,is this.It will gave us Northeners a chance to proove ourselves,against some very fast dogs.Who,in my mind,we can take,if we're ready,and willin.If we're not in,we can't win.So to all the lads n lasses up here,with speed to burn.Lets get down there,and scald a few ass's.GOOD PRIZE MONEY,GOOD TROPHIES AND SHIELDS,AND GREAT CRAIC.Aint that what it's all about.I for one,will be putting in a lot of effort for this one,as my pups,are no longer pups,and ready to rumble.Don't have a clue,as to how good they will turn out out to be.But im giving them a run.Hope to see a few friendly faces down there anyhow.And a few unfriendly ones,wouldn't go amis either lol.Put this one in you're calanders folks. ...Billy....

Was asked this evening,if i would put a few of the photo's i had of the last event,which was held, down in the same place,as this next one.To show the type of ground,that it will be run on.Unfortunately,i only have pix of dogs,before they went past me,so can't show the whole track.What i can say though,is that it was about 300 yrds and flat as a board.Seemed the track had been rolled,as well as being cut,in good time to let the grass soften again.Was also asked to mention that the title given to the stakes,was the "OWEN RYAN MEMORIALS."Wil add a few pix now,as asked.Just to show(for what it's worth) the type of running ground.

_9280292.jpg

_9280269.jpg

_9280390.jpg

The presentations were held in the local pup,straight after the racing.

_9280559.jpg

_9280553.jpg

Then the winning dogs all went outside for photo's.

The outright winner was a cracking bitch,who unfortunately ended her career and i think,life,a couple of weeks later,while coursing a long eared fellow.This was she.

_9280564.jpg

All the winning dogs from main purse,Concilation,and whippet types.

_9280586.jpg

Cant see anything down there,beating the wee one's from up here,in the whippet type class.No Way,hosey.

Hope this is what you wanted Shane,and seeing as you dont have a computer mate,then whatever you need done,just let me know.Only too happy to help mate. ...Billy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Was asked this evening,if i would put a few of the photo's i had of the last event,which was held, down in the same place,as this next one.To show the type of ground,that it will be run on.Unfortunately,i only have pix of dogs,before they went past me,so can't show the whole track.What i can say though,is that it was about 300 yrds and flat as a board.Seemed the track had been rolled,as well as being cut,in good time to let the grass soften again.Was also asked to mention that the title given to the stakes,was the "OWEN RYAN MEMORIALS."Wil add a few pix now,as asked.Just to show(for what it's worth) the type of running ground.
_9280292.jpg

_9280269.jpg

_9280390.jpg

The presentations were held in the local pup,straight after the racing.

_9280559.jpg

_9280553.jpg

Then the winning dogs all went outside for photo's.

The outright winner was a cracking bitch,who unfortunately ended her career and i think,life,a couple of weeks later,while coursing a long eared fellow.This was she.

_9280564.jpg

All the winning dogs from main purse,Concilation,and whippet types.

_9280586.jpg

Cant see anything down there,beating the wee one's from up here,in the whippet type class.No Way,hosey.

Hope this is what you wanted Shane,and seeing as you dont have a computer mate,then whatever you need done,just let me know.Only too happy to help mate. ...Billy...
Billy, if Shane's not got a pc, how's he going to read your post? :teehee: :unsure: :D :luck: to everyone that's going to this race meeting :thumbsup:

Billy, if Shane's not got a pc, how's he going to read your post? :teehee: :unsure: :D :luck: to everyone that's going to this race meeting :thumbsup:

his sisters got a computer but he doesnt know how ta use it.... just reads wots on here...him and dad keep in regular contact so he knows wots goin on......

ROSSCREA..COUNTY OFFALY. WEST OF PORTLAOISE :thumbsup: IM IN WITH MY 2 .

Mum was talking to Shane & he said he is running it on the 14th & 15th March the weekend b4 st pat's.. :thumbsup: looking forward till it.. :thumbsup:

Rose :))

ROSSCREA..COUNTY OFFALY. WEST OF PORTLAOISE :thumbsup: IM IN WITH MY 2 .

:wacko: :wacko: sorry i may well be wrong here. Theres a Roscrea down for Co_Offaly...Co.Tipperary and even Co.Galway....and the first two on Google Maps are the same place !! :blink:

CAN THE REAL ROSCREA PLEASE STAND UP ! (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

OK folk's.Should have been on here earlier,but been away all evening,and then had to go to the track,with a couple of bitches.So im on late here,but as the saying goes.Better late than never.Anyhow,was talking to Shane for quite a while today,as i was trying to talk him through this K9 thingy,as he wants to get on here himself,on his sisters pc.Unfortunately,things didn't go to plan,as i see he still ain't on.So this is what ive been told is now happening for this one.The date has been changed to the 14th,and 15th,(yeh).Fit's in perfect for me now,as i was having to miss a very important day,on the 21st.Now i can do my bit,for those in need,on the 21st.2nd thing is a bit more different though,as getting down there,don't cause a problem.But getting through 5 rounds of a 64 dog stake, just to be in the final,is one hell of a feat,for whatever 2 dogs make it that far.Yes,thats right folks.A 64 dog stake.Now whoever win's that,has deffo got bragging right's.Also means a stayover too,for those traveling from up here i guess.Shane will also be holding a whippet type stake too,if he can fill a card.So hopefully anyone with wee under 21 inch stuff,or ones that look like whippets,will be in attendance.When Shane told me he was trying to get 64 dogs together,i naturaly thought he was running two 32 dog stakes.So sorry for the mistake,which was on my partAnyhow.If anybody want's in,they can just say so,on here,and i'll get it to him,if he ain;t reading the posts,or whatever.Can also put his number on here,but will have to check with him 1st.Should be some mighty action,so get fittness training,as you'll need to be 110%ready to rumble.John,will enter you're 2 in morning.

just gettin on here nw.... didnt get on after came bk frm the trak lst nyt.....was sum brill racin... cnt wait to this race meet as the ones b4 were a brilliants days crack and this ones going to be even better..... always luv the racin dwn south as its well organised and the competition is brill.... cant wait 2 c my danny boy runnin agen as i was so proud of him the last time :wub: just gettin beat by a head in the final and he was nli 12 mnths :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...so with a bit mre trainin i cant wait ta c wot he does this time :D there is some really fast dogs dwn south so cant wait 2 see sum o those frm up ere that will be makin the journey down 2 take them on ..... :luck: to evry1....Kirsty xox

Back