The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Beta Greyhound Food

savageboy

Registered
Reaction score
just brought a sack of beta greyhound food, you can use on pups as well , this stuff can be fed soaked or dry , as me iams i,ve been using there is a quarte left, i also use raw meat every day as well.

but this greyhound food should do a treat as lurcher as 5/ 8 greyhound in , so if its good enought for grey hound it should be good enough for yer running dog , and for a 15 kg sack it £11.99 from pets at home ,

so as any body used this food , cheers savageboy

I used to use it till i found some in Jollies for £7.99 15kg sack, but may go back to the old stuff :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
savageboy said:
just brought a sack of beta greyhound food, you can use on pups as well , this stuff can be fed soaked or dry , as me iams i,ve been using there is a quarte left, i also use raw meat every day as well.but this greyhound food should do a treat as lurcher as 5/ 8 greyhound in , so if its good enought for grey hound it should be good enough for yer running dog , and for a 15 kg sack it £11.99 from pets at home ,

so as any body used this food , cheers  savageboy

Yes use it all the time and both of mine thrive on it eating it all in one go. They used to take all day to eat the stuff they were orriginally fed on from breeder and from previous homes that is not they are settled and weight gain or loss is not a problem. They are also full of stamina.

nice one matey , yer dog looks well , would it be ok to feed raw meat and bones every day as well as this beta greyhound food, cheers savageboy :D

As complete foods go Beta is one of the better brands IMHO ......I'd personally use puppy foods for pups ........abit like I hate it when people say they bring their litters/pups up on redmills racer or such like, but again this is just my personal opinion .........I feel that quality should be put into pups ......but back to your question ...........Yes its good stuff and with the added meat your dog should be fine if a tad hyper ......ideal for the fields :D

cheers buddy, nice whippets , me pup seems to luv it , cheers savageboy :cheers:

Hi, when my dog was a pup i fed her on beta complete puppy food but changed now and again to the pedigree chum complete puppy aswell so she wudnt get bored with the same thing al the time, but now she is an adult she gets fed on redmill's racer and few days in the week she gets some meat,veg& rice and she seems to be doing great, tbh most puppy foods are good aswell as pricey!!

:p :thumbsup:

Rose :)

hi miss madame, thanx for your help . me pup is eating very well now , she has had her second injection and she has gone from 6lb to 11lb , in 2 weeks , from the first injection to the second. and she is looking ace , cheers savageboy :D

We've used Beta Greyhound for quite a while now, and our dogs do well on it. I agree with Hannah though that pups should have a different food, as the balance of calcium and phosphorus should be correct for a growing pup - and adult foods generally aren't quite right. Not that I think a pup would suffer from being fed it - there are far worse foods. I think it strange that people add meat to it though - it completely defeats the object of it being a balanced food. There is everything in Beta Greyhound (dietry wise) that a running dog needs. Adding meat is adding protein, but without the balance of everything else the dog needs.

Edited to say:-

Forgot to say - excess protein can cause skin/behaviour/kidney problems, so that's something to be aware of when adding meat to a balanced food.

June Jonigk said:
We've used Beta Greyhound for quite a while now, and our dogs do well on it.  I agree with Hannah though that pups should have a different food, as the balance of calcium and phosphorus should be correct for a growing pup - and adult foods generally aren't quite right.  Not that I think a pup would suffer from being fed it - there are far worse foods.  I think it strange that people add meat to it though - it completely defeats the object of it being a balanced food.  There is everything in Beta Greyhound (dietry wise) that a running dog needs.  Adding meat is adding protein, but without the balance of everything else the dog needs.
Edited to say:-

Forgot to say - excess protein can cause skin/behaviour/kidney problems, so that's something to be aware of when adding meat to a balanced food.

Isnt the protein in beta greyhound 28% and isnt that excessive.

thanks

keith

Strike Whippets said:
For a racing/working dog then no............for a pup ....IMHO yes ........
Thank you, now then i see you can get a 15 kilo sack of beta grehound, for £11 99

sounds good to me, would it be suitable for my whippet bitch aged 12 months, i appreciate your advice.

thank you

keith

hi keith, yes beta greyhound should be ok for your whippet , as its for running dog,s and yer whippet is one of the finest. just watch you not over feed it as may put a bit of weight on, cheers savageboy :cheers:

savageboy said:
hi keith, yes beta greyhound should be ok for your whippet , as its for running dog,s and yer whippet is one of the finest.  just watch you not over feed it as may put a bit of weight on,  cheers savageboy :cheers:
Hey up matey, well i think i may go buy a sack of it this morning then, i dont normally use complete, i make my own up, but i think i will give it a try.

thanks

keith

midlanderkeith said:
savageboy said:
hi keith, yes beta greyhound should be ok for your whippet , as its for running dog,s and yer whippet is one of the finest.  just watch you not over feed it as may put a bit of weight on,   cheers savageboy :cheers:
Hey up matey, well i think i may go buy a sack of it this morning then, i dont normally use complete, i make my own up, but i think i will give it a try.

thanks

keith

Just been looking back on some old posts and noticed this Keith, did you try this beta greyhound if so did it suit your dog? If it did i can get it for the right price just 4 u my friend Geoff

milly said:
midlanderkeith said:
savageboy said:
hi keith, yes beta greyhound should be ok for your whippet , as its for running dog,s and yer whippet is one of the finest.  just watch you not over feed it as may put a bit of weight on,   cheers savageboy :cheers:

thanks

keith

Just been looking back on some old posts and noticed this Keith, did you try this beta greyhound if so did it suit your dog? If it did i can get it for the right price just 4 u my friend Geoff

Hey up Geoff, a true gentleman you are, youve bought me a pic for xmas, and now this, yes i did try the beta greyhound but thats long gone, this very day i have just bought a sack of vitalin crown,£7 99, so for the moment im ok for food, that sack will last me ages, cos i dont feed ready everyday, but thanks for the consideration

keith :thumbsup:

midlanderkeith said:
milly said:
midlanderkeith said:
savageboy said:

thanks

keith

Hey up Geoff, a true gentleman you are, youve bought me a pic for xmas, and now this, yes i did try the beta greyhound but thats long gone, this very day i have just bought a sack of vitalin crown,£7 99, so for the moment im ok for food, that sack will last me ages, cos i dont feed ready everyday, but thanks for the consideration

keith :thumbsup:

Pushing the boat out there Keith £7.99 lol

:) I MY SELF FEED OMEGA TASTY MADE BY PURINA .THIS SEEMS TO SUIT MY DOGS FINE .I FEED IT DRY WITH BIT OF WATER AND DOG MEAT ON TOP .WHEN THEIR USE TO RACE I HAVE HAD DIFFERENT COMPLETE RACING FOODS .IE WAFCOL RACER ,REDMILLS RACER,BETA RACER,CHUDLEYS RACER . THEIR ALL SEEMED TO BE GOOD FOOD FOR THE MONEY.

I have just changed mt dogs feed to the beta greyhound one he loves it and has gained weight ;)

C.P

Back