The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Bad News-good News

hellybobs

I Love my Girls
Registered
Reaction score
I've been holding back posting this until I knew more about my girlies diagnosis.

Dippy has been undergoing a lot of tests, xrays and alot of prodding and poking in the last few months.

She has been diagnosed with a rare form of skin cancer...she has had one lot of surgery and it didn't get rid of it completely. The vets wanted to do more surgery but we opted not to as the surgery would be so invasive it would have effected her quality of life.

She has also had alot of problems with one of her toes, it turn out that she has something called degenarative bone disease. It was spoken about that she could have a form of Lupus??

She's also had a very bad cough, it was first treated as kennel cough but after 3 different courses of antibiotics and anti-inflammotories it still didn't clear up, the only thing that keeps the cough at bay is steroids. A throat xray showed she has a large white shadow in her throat, again they are not quite sure what it could be and the only way to find out is to put a camera down and do biopsies and flushes.

It has been mentioned that the toe might have to come off in the future and if this is the case then the throat can be seen to at the same time. The vet who has taken over all of her treatment (very long story but not a nice one) has advised us to wait and see as Dippy has had so much done to her recently that she needs a rest and that a few more months won't make alot of difference to her condiditon.

My happy go lucky girlie has turned into a wreck, has bitten me twice and has tried to bite the vet on a few occasions. She's having to be forced into the vets, even carried and needs to be muzzled on examination.

Her future is uncertain and she could go on for a very long time...but as it stands we are enjoying every day with her and letting her live her life to the full.

There is 2 people who I have told and have been supporting me through my dark days...you know who you are and I'd like to thank you.

Here is the pretty girl I am talking about. :wub:

Picture016.jpg

She is beautifull :huggles: hope everything works out well :luck:

:( sending lots of :luck: :luck: :luck: and :huggles: :huggles:

What terrible news, im sorry to hear it :(

:( sorry to hear about poor Dippy, seems like she's got a lot to overcome, but as you've said you can only take it day by day.

I wonder if any flower remedies would help calm/ relax her?

:luck: I hope you find something that works for her.

Devastating news, sounds like it's been a real trauma for all of you. Hope you can get her stable soon. :luck: :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
:huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Hugs for Dippy and You.

so sorry to hear dippy's bad news :(

hope she is better soon :luck: :huggles: :luck:

helen reading about dippy certainly brings it all home what shes been through,ive just shed a tear reading about her and weve spoken many times about her different ailments as theyve occured,ive said this many times before that ive got everything crossed for dippy that she as many years ahead of her and helen you know where we are if you need us :thumbsup: dippys is one in a million,you couldnt wish for a better girl : huggles: take care xxxx

Thank you Pat and everyone for your well wishes for Dippy. :huggles:

We're hoping we've got a long time with her yet but its the age old waiting game we're playing.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope treatment goes well.

Wendy

Hi Helen, I'm so sorry to hear what poor Dippy (and your whole family) are going through. As i've met her I can say she really is a lovely dog :wub: I really hope that everything works out well for her :luck:

You've probably already got one but thought I'd mention it, do you use a DAP diffuser? I used one for six months or so and it really helped to calm Lenny when he was really depressed :huggles:

All the best :flowers:

So sorry to hear this news about Dippy :(

You are doing the right things and cherishing every day with her is the most important :huggles: Wishing Dippy every luck :luck:

Good luck little Dippy :wub: you beautiful girl :wub:

Tracey X

:luck: to you and Dippy, she doesn't deserve this, hope she gets comfortable and her condition can stop getting worse or hopefully improve, must be heartbreaking for you.

I,m sure she is being loved as much as poss and if that helps her you're doing her good :huggles: to Dippy

awwwww,helen,ive often thought about Dippy since you were kind enough to pm me when i was losing my old cat sam with cancer.i was too scared to ask what the current situation was :( i pray that she gets better but if thats not possible then i pray she has a long time with you yet and that her days are as free of pain as possible. :luck: :) good luck little Dippy :luck:

So sorry to hear this :(

Hope the treatment goes well and Dippy gets better soon :luck: :huggles: :luck: :huggles:

:luck: What an awful lot this beautiful girl has had to go through of late :luck: to you Helen & of course the very gorgeous Dippy :luck: :luck: :luck:

so sorry to hear about poor Dippy.

sending hugs and kisses from zeb.

:huggles:

Back