The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Appleby Fair.....

Karen-Coral

Registered
Reaction score
Heard on the radio that a man from Morecambe will be appearing in court next week after his 2 dogs died in his hot car-Friday whilst visiting the fair :(

Charged with causing unnecessary suffering to a protected animal.

Saw lots on the embankments camping on our way home from racing in Stockton yesterday-We took the back roads for a change-quite an eye opener!

Hope the majority clear up after themselves and not leave their muck behind like many did on the main Kirkby Stephen road-

Why do they do it?

They court bad publicity...and give the lot of them a bad name.

Another observation was the large Co-op in Kirkby Stephen had a doorman on! (w00t)

Not convinced this is absolutely necessary.... :wacko:

Anyone been to the fair yet?

Karen-Coral said:
Heard on the radio that a man from Morecambe will be appearing in court next week after his 2 dogs died in his hot car-Friday whilst visiting the fair :( Charged with causing unnecessary suffering to a protected animal.

Saw lots on the embankments camping on our way home from racing in Stockton yesterday-We took the back roads for a change-quite an eye opener!

Hope the majority clear up after themselves and not leave their muck behind like many did on the main Kirkby Stephen road-

Why do they do it?

Another observation was the large Co-op in Kirkby Stephen had a doorman  on! (w00t)

karen..its what pikeys do. theyre stinking fukrs and have never been known to clean up...even themselves :x

Karen-Coral said:
Heard on the radio that a man from Morecambe will be appearing in court next week after his 2 dogs died in his hot car-Friday whilst visiting the fair :( Charged with causing unnecessary suffering to a protected animal.

Why do they do it?

Another observation was the large Co-op in Kirkby Stephen had a doorman  on! (w00t)

I know nothing about the fair as I live down south, but with regards the doorman at the coop - our local store does it when there are major events in our small village as otherwise the shelves are just about cleared...whilst profits plummet :(

my family are all there im a grumpy cow coz i aint there , appleby is a TRAVELLERS fair :- " so shock horror good and bad travellers will be there , its an experience but anyone visiting please e aware that the horses move for no one and it is very dangerous , but the atmosphere is electric :thumbsup:

yes but its a shame more isnt done to ensure the welfare of the animals :angry: a horse was drowned last year now these poor dogs have roasted alive :angry: it really doesnt matter imo wether you are a traveller or a house dweller shouldnt we put the welfare of our beloved animals first its a shame as this sort of thing really does upset me :( but tanya is right the atmosphere at appleby is truly awesome :)

Last edited by a moderator:
We normaly go up every year but we couldnt get up this year as we had to much on, it's a great day out very freindly untill you've been there you won't appreciat the atmosphere and the banter that goes on.

stormydog said:
Karen-Coral said:

Why do they do it?

karen..its what pikeys do. theyre stinking fukrs and have never been known to clean up...even themselves :x

Hey now i dont think thats very fair bud :angry:

Not that i am a pikey tho its how they live everyone to there own and all!

Mark Roberts said:
We normaly go up every year but we couldnt get up this year as we had to much on, it's a great day out very freindly untill you've been there you won't appreciat the atmosphere and the banter that goes on.
[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]

I recall a very good photo from Appleby that was on k9 a couple of years ago.

It emphasised the variety of attractions there, other than just the horses.

Back