The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Another newbie with a frenchie

Brian the Frenchie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the site, we pick up our new pup in the morning, we are so excited. We are bringing home Brian, he is a French Bulldog, Fawn, Black mask. Myself and partner have owned dogs before but we had a substantial gap in owning from our last 'Heinz' but we are now taking the step back in to life with a gorgeous little bundle we have chosen to call Brian (I know, its a human name, but its a name we decided on many many moons ago)

No doubt we will be on here asking for advise in the future, speak soon! will also put some pics up once we get the little man home :)

Geoff

Hi and Welcome,

I bet your soo excited?

Regarding human names for dogs, I was once told that you should always name a dog with a human name to make them feel part of the family. I cannot see how they would know the difference between a pet name and human name but it has always stuck with me.

I think dogs respond to the tone of the voice rather than what's being said so a name is really for you.

The acid test for me is 'would i stand in a field shouting that name'. If I would then the name is ok.

Again welcome I hope you enjoy your time here.

Hello Geoff - welcome to Dog Forum! :)

LOVE the name Brian - I have a cat called Paul! :lol:

He is very cute - I love frenchies!

Hello Geoff!

Welcome to the forum from Bernie and myself!

As you can see I am also a relatively new frenchie owner! :D My little boy is 17 weeks currently .

I love the name Brian, my bearded dragon is called Brian! lol (and my dad is called Geoff >_< )

May I ask where you are located?

Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Hello we have a Frenchie pup as well , called Winston fawn boy with hugh ears :)

Hi Geoff, welcome to DogForum :)

I don't have a problem with a dog being called Brian, but that could be because I've got cats called Isaac, Bill and Al :D

I love Frenchies- they're one of the breeds that seem to have a personality bigger than they are, like nobody told them that they're small.

And as for whether I'd stand out in a park yelling the names, I used to call for Molly's best buddies and take them for a walk with her. They're a pair of shihtzus (one of them is her boyfriend- they're both neutered though, so even if he manages to climb on a box he can't do anything about it) and they're called Bailey Bumble and Petie Puddle.

After them I no longer have shame.

Hi :)

Welcome to the board!

Brian is a fab name - my sisters guinea pig was called Brian :)

Hi Geoff, welcome to DogForum :)

I don't have a problem with a dog being called Brian, but that could be because I've got cats called Isaac, Bill and Al :D

I love Frenchies- they're one of the breeds that seem to have a personality bigger than they are, like nobody told them that they're small.

And as for whether I'd stand out in a park yelling the names, I used to call for Molly's best buddies and take them for a walk with her. They're a pair of shihtzus (one of them is her boyfriend- they're both neutered though, so even if he manages to climb on a box he can't do anything about it) and they're called Bailey Bumble and Petie Puddle.

After them I no longer have shame.
Best summary I have heard to date of a Frenchie :)

Back