The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

ALTERNATIVE

Paws123

NNWRF TREASURER
Registered
Reaction score
well if kickboards dont get brought back in and it means i am missing lots of weekends and bwra race meeting i decided to look for a new hobbie to entertain myself with....

i found this great new one what do you all think? let me know ......hahaha

horses, dogs,Camel, pigeon and snail racing are also not new phenomona.

There have even been reports of guinea pigs going head-to-head.

But now the form of goldfish is set to come under scrutiny as bookmakers William Hill take bets on races via the internet.

Different coloured fish will start behind a solid barrier at one end of a tank and the winner will be the first to swim under a bridge at the bottom.

Hills spokesman Graham Sharpe said: "It's not a joke. All you need is a spacious tank, a few fish and a few cameras and you're away.

"Many people might not know that there are different colours of goldfish and we'll be using fish like the chocolate oranda with red pom-poms, the black and white lion head and the brown telescope eye."

It certainly beats painting numbers on their backs, but establishing odds could be tricky.

Apparently all fish will start the opening race with odds of 5-1, but with goldfish having short memories it may be easy for a winner to forget the secret of their success.

"It could mean it stays fresh for them each time because they will have forgotten the last race, but it might make form difficult," added Sharpe.

"It is a little optimistic to think it will ever rival the dogs but everything has to start somewhere."

View attachment 287

:D AUP Dee, hope you will enjoy your new sport, but it all sounds a bit fishy to me :p :p :p :D :D :D bet graham sharp is having a great laugh ey ??? ;) :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
we should set up a web cam......my shebumpkin(?SP) can go head to head with the goldfish!!!!!!!!......my moneys on the shebumpkin!!!!!! :p

lol i just got the white lion heads on there daily dose of vitamins ...so you never know could make them wiggle faster :D :D

:D :D Great IDEA DEE :p :D

KEN HAS BEEN WONDERING WHAT TO DO WITH ALL HIS POND

FISH FOR AGES.

DEE ANY RULES ?? IS IT FIRST UNDER BRIDGE, OR DO NAUGHTY FISH

GET ( BATTERED ) :D :D :D

I think Chris Evans already beat you to this sport Dee, he used to have a fish race on his TFI Friday & it was first fish under the bridge!!! Lol

well i thought it was funny a bit of humor need in this site ...can anybody else come up with anything else we could race?

Ive got a bloody fast Springer Spaniel, maybe we could race them. They've got the bonus of being chunkier built & a fair bit slower than whippets so there'd be less injuries, also they'd be able to retieve the lure back, saving on lure lads etc.

This thing has got stamina to die for so you could get your money's worth on the bend track!!!! Lol

:p :p :p DEE WILL YOU BE ALOUD TO USE A SPRING BOARD :D :D :p :b :b :b

what about house hold spiders, we could all go hunting them out, fat ones ,little ones ,hairy ones save them in a jar or something ,then maybe race them a long a flat table from one end to the other, could be exciting but if you like me i would be to scared to handle them when rubbing them down

:D :D

RCHSAMSARA@TISCALI.CO.UK said:
:p   :p   :p DEE WILL YOU BE ALOUD TO USE A SPRING BOARD  :D   :D   :p   :b   :b   :b
of course theres no rules in this sport...might be a bit hard to make a spring board for a goldfish unless its a floating one maybe

Good idea vicky, but i would hate to have one of them dogs hit me at the back of the legs, would most certainly be up in the air lol :D :D :D plus as they are springers they won't need to use a kickboard ey :p :p :p

Good point pat - a whole new meaning to the word "spring board"!!! Lol ---- They always come in somewhere dont they?

Mmmmmm cheese racing, My friends already think im a bit odd for racing whippets!!

What about babybell would that be a pup or yearling? :D

I could get into this cheese racing lark......it says to ingest lots of alcohol beforehand :D :p

:D Is that wishfull thinking michelle or does it really say that :D :D :D sounds like a good idea though ey :p :p

Back