The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Advice

jkbjackson

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I just wanted to know if anyone could help. I have a 15 week old wippet who seems to have sloppy poos alot. We feed him twice a day on tinned food and biscuits. we have not changed the food brand from the one the owner brought him up on so im not sure what could be causing this. when taking him to the vets for his injections we menstioned it to him and as we have a one year old son who manges to drop food in places we dont see the dog always manages to find it. the vet put it down to that. he told us to starve the dog for 12 hours when this happens. its only been happening regually for the last two weeks but it seems like every other day we have to starve him.

He is not locked up in at crate at night so he just romes the kitchen, we have noticed he has started to chew the door frames and the floor, could this be a cause of it?

any advise would be a great help. Thanks

We previously had a small bichon bitch wich had a sloppy poo since the day she got to us. It did not stop until we put her to a Royal canin's diet food (it nourishes belly and skin), wich we bought from the vet. She suffered for maby a one year and she started to get skin symptoms, wich never really got away. Now I hope we had acted faster with her. :(

i know with some of our pups they have had the odd runny poop :x

alot of it is due to eating the garden and any plant/weed they might find :unsure:

i woud consider shuting the crate door at night, if he is starting to chew now it will only get worse as he starts to lose his baby teeth :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Firstly, I would look at changing your pups diet over.

What exactly are you feeding at the moment?

Quality feeding and nutrition is very important and it can not be under estimated how important it is to your Whippets health and well being. A poor diet can not only have a negative effect on their health, but also on their behaviour too.

Secondly, I would be crating him at night. If you're not around to supervise him at any time, the crate is the safest place for him to be. The destructiveness could be down to boredom; do you leave him with lots of his own toys to chew instead of shoes, furniture etc??

Back