The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Aberdeen Whippets

saska

Registered
Reaction score
Hiya

looking to find other members ho live in Aberdeen or near this area.

We walk our dog but no other dogs will play with him ahahahha as he runs away and is too fast for them.

Thought if there was maybe somewhere where other Whippet owners walked he might get to play a bit more.

Sorry I don't live near Aberdeen but .........

the solution to your problem is..........

You will just have to get another whippet :-

Yes that was definitely my solution. I now have two-scrap like mad though! I have only seen 5 whippets over the last year around here.

Soz, not from Aberdeen either - but it is a problem. I see loads of pups advertised but have only seen one other whippet where we live, and that was when I was on my way to the docs in the car so couldn't stop! I know a couple from R and Gs litter stayed local but haven't seen them out. In fact, since we've had R and G the only sight hounds we've seen are my friend's greyhound, another greyhound out on a walk (but he was old and didn't wan't to play) and a couple of gorgeous Afghans when we were in Whitby over Christmas. Will need to arrange a 'NorthWest meet' for anyone near Liverpool/ St Helens/ Warrington!

You are right that other dogs don't play the same way - if you have another sighthound at least you don't have that awful explanation to other owners about how they are not vicious, it's just what they do!

Yep two whippets are good together! :thumbsup:

I'll have to bring Ruby and Luna in sometime to play... the beach is a good place to take them.

I'm sure there was someone else on here with whippets who lives in aberdeen but I can't remember their username, I think I met them down at the beach once.

I used to live in Aberdeen :( but now back home in Buckie :lol: there are a few folk in aberdeen with whippets but not sure if they are on here :thumbsup:

I'm in Aberdeen!!!!! Louie always looking for a challenge but no other breeds can keep up!! We also have 10 week old pup but it will be ages before he can keep up wit his big bruv.

We would be delighted to meet up for doggy play date :D

Karen

Back